The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad (GSM) is a short line railroad offering freight services and scenic passenger excursions on 53 miles of our own track from Dillsboro, NC to Andrews, NC since 1988.
Capable of hauling up to 286,000 Lb. of freight cars, the GSM interchanges with Blue Ridge Southern Railroad(BLU) — a Watco Company — at Sylva, NC at mile post 47. The GSM also connects with the State of North Carolina in Andrews, NC at mile post 100.1.
Industrial Sites with Rail Access
- Former Drexel, Whittier (MP 57.8); Potential site for cargo loading facility
- Former Maness Manufacturing, Bryson City (MP 63.7)
- Former Powell Industrial Lumber (MP 64.8)
- Nantahala Rock Quarry (MP 84.9)
- Parker & Reichman (MP 98.5)
- Baker Plant, Andrews (MP 99.9)
- Blue Ridge Southern
John A. Harper
479 Main Ave
Durango, CO 81301
225 Everett St
Bryson City, NC 28713