Our First Class riding experience is truly one-of-a-kind! This is your chance to ride in vintage railway cars and get the authentic experience of train travel! Our First Class Cars operate as All Adult throughout the year but during the months of June, July, August and September there is the option of Family First Class! Find the 2013 Schedule HERE!
Dining cars that feature seating at well-appointed tables and lounge/restaurant style chairs.
- First Class passengers receive a delicious lunch served by the car’s private attendant!
- You will also recieve a souvenir tumbler with unlimited fountain sodas or coffee and tea, and an embroidered tote bag gift from GSMR! (One tote bag per couple)
Great Smoky Mountains Railroad’s First Class Coaches include the Harper, Silver Meteor, Champion and MacNeill. These unique coaches have colorful stories and heritage dating back to the 1940’s. Great care and attention has been taken to restore and preserve this history. Our First Class Coaches have been updated with new interior carpet and plush furniture along with new exterior paint and detailing to highlight the cars authenticity. Table tops of 4 and 2 are available. You may be seated at a table of 4 if your party is 2.
A Bit of History....
- The MacNeill was built as the Pohatan Arrow for the Norfolk & Western Railway (present day Norfolk-Southern) to run on their Premier Passenger Line.
- The Harper was built in 1949 as a bar and lounge for the Pennsylvania Railroad.
- The Silver Meteor and Champion cars were built in 1940 for the Seaboard Airline Railway, with the Silver Meteor serving as a dinner car and the Champion as a lightweight lounge car.
- These First Class Coaches have been used in filming movies such as My Fellow Americans and Forces of Nature!
Pricing for First Class All Adult (Age 21 and over) $94
Family First Class (Select Months) Adults:$94 Child (Ages 2-12)$54 Infant (under 2)$20